Monday 19 January 2015

Buhari Blasts PDP

 Buhari

All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, dismissed doubts about his medical and educational fitness for the presidency describing such allegations as distractions by the ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP, to deviate from the core campaign issues of corruption and incompetent leadership.
Debunking the reports, Buhari described the medical report widely circulated online at the weekend as forged as he said that the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital which reportedly issued the report has disclaimed it as a forgery.

According to him: “I was at Nasarawa and Benue states yesterday (Saturday). Tomorrow I am going to be in two states. The day after tomorrow in two more states. I am doing two states per day. How they got the impression that I was sick I do not know although I got cold and that did not stop me from going through my schedule.
“I don’t know of this desperation. The issue we are telling Nigerians is that of corruption in this country for the last 16 years PDP has literally destroyed this country. This is the issue and what has my health got to do with that one?
When asked by a reporter to make a categorical statement on his state of health, Buhari jokingly asked the reporter: “How old are you? 50 years? I am telling you if we go to the field, you would not last the time I will last in the field.”

The alleged trip
Campaign officials further disclosed to Vanguard, yesterday, that the proposed trip by Buhari was upon a request by the United States Department of State which was desirous of sounding him out on his views. The trip according to a campaign official scheduled by the State Department towards January ending had not been agreed to by the Buhari campaign team.
“Yes Buhari was invited by the State Department for an interaction but he has not been able to fix a date for it because of the hectic campaign schedule and it is our view that he may not have the time for the trip,” the campaign official said.

No comments:

Post a Comment